Customized Premarital Counseling: With a Trained Psychotherapist
Congratulations on your engagement! You are on a good path: the research says that premarital counseling improves relationships and reduces the chance of a break-up. Exploring your strengths and areas for growth with a Master’s level therapist enhances typical premarital counseling with added expertise, training, and experience. I’m glad you found me.
Since you’ll be receiving premarital counseling from a trained therapist, we will do at least two things:
1. Assess your relationship strengths and areas for growth using the top evidence based Premarital Inventory — PREPARE/ENRICH.
PREPARE/ENRICH will help you:
- Identify strength and growth areas
- Explore personality traits
- Strengthen communication skills
- Resolve conflicts and reduce stress
- Compare family backgrounds
- Comfortably discuss financial issues
- Establish personal, couple, and family goals
PREPARE/ENRICH assesses these areas of your relationship:
- 12 Relationship Scales — communication, conflict resolution, roles, sexuality, finances, spiritual beliefs, and more
- 5 SCOPE Personality Scales
- 4 Couple and Family Scales — based on Circumplex Model
- 4 Relationship Dynamic Scales
- 30 Customized Scales
2. We will shore up any glitches in your relationship guided by my training in Marriage and Family Therapy.
$650 for the Online Assessment, Scoring, Homework and three Feedback Sessions in my office. Additional sessions are billed at my normal rate.
SAVE on your Minnesota Marriage License: You’ll receive a $75 discount off your license fee. This course fulfills the 12 hour minimum requirement.